I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy~
anais nin

Shake my hand

I would like to take a moment to ponder the fact that when I greet people I shake their hand, I hadn't thought of it at all, it is what I have been taught to do from a very early age. My father said "You look people in the eye and you shake their hand" and so that is what I have always done. But with the last person I actually consciously realized that I do it because she looked down at my hand kind of awkwardly and it was very limp...there are few things creepier than a limp handshake I mean where they almost make an effort to really limp it up and let it hang there...So now I have done away with the handshake. I mean maybe that's always been a little weird anyhow for a young lady to be shaking hands on such an informal island. I don't hug though, I mean I do, if it is someone I know. But I don't do the overprolonged HIPPIE HUG where you just hug and hug people making noises mmmmmm ahhhhhh...in the Papaya's Lot....because I am sorry but that shit doesn't fly with me especially with someone I have just met. I really do like the handshake really but maybe it has gone out, maybe it's not for normal people anymore just gangsta's and businessmen...

No comments:

Post a Comment