I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy~
anais nin

Listen

Sometimes I think I walk around much too soft as if the water and the sand and my sheltered loner jaunts through this world where I get spun around in whirlwinds of crazy Love~ have made me so sensitive to the everything. And as I make my way I know more now than ever that I must always remain in my center. That maybe that is the key to any amount of moving higher is keeping yourself to the core. The other day I walked around with my heart in my throat the kind of day where everything is blurry and you are getting it all done but you are not sure how. And you want so much to speak your truth, but you just keep going... And I wasn't sure if I wanted to be here or there or anywhere but on the first boat to Spain... the truth is, it's either Love or Fear, those two things always come up. and so ultimately I must choose love. Isn't it interesting that is our greatest challenge in life everyday is communication... that we are still fighting WARS that we haven't evolved enough to LISTEN... or to know when the person we are talking to doesn't want to listen. The thing is, you know when you have met someone that is listening where there is a mutual respect and understanding because you will want to be near them, you will know that you are heard. so much is written with the minor subtleties of our expressions and body language, that we could say much less and be capable of so much more. Have you ever been talking to someone who used you as a sounding board, who didn't even take the time to let you respond, and how frustrating that is, or when someone is judging you as you are telling them something, I wish we could be nicer. I think now more than ever we have to listen to the earth, to our children, to our lovers, our elders, and to our enemies...and to open to the possibility that we can become greater. That compassion comes from learning and learning only comes from listening...but most of all we need to listen to ourselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment