I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy~
anais nin

Andy Irons Memorial Kauai 11142010

One of the most beautiful videos I have seen...I felt for the most part very separate from it all, until I fell for a surfer and we spent the afternoon filling bags with flowers. When I saw this video it made my heart drop, seeing them showered onto everyone, so beautiful... What happened in that weekend made me fall in love with this island all over again. The bond that ties us all together, is more than the community. But the love for the water, for the surf, the respect for the beauty of this sacred place. I felt it in my heart and in my bones, And as I watched everyone mourn him that weekend, they were all coming from such a huge heart space. There is a definitive understanding between people who surf, the kindred spirits, the wanderers seeking something greater, a moment of introspection, a simple approach to this life. Surfers more than anything share the space of the humble souls seeking outward to the sea to calm our wild spirits and feed that great fire of desire to be immersed in the element...where adrenaline and calm resolve meet, May you rest there Andy Irons

No comments:

Post a Comment