I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy~
anais nin
You know you have those moments in your life where you will run into someone and they will stop you in your tracks. You don’t know when it’s going to happen or where. But it reminds you what true human connection is where everything becomes raw and real all the exterior falls away and that’s where the magic happens.
I had a night like that with him where the party had died down and everyone had left and we ended up talking until the sun came up. We shared so much about our lives in those hours. A confessional took place, some sort of cleansing rebirth where I felt safe and understood. I think we had a recognition of two people that had experienced the hard knocks in life. I wasn't afraid because somewhere inside of me I knew he could handle it. And he was fucking real, as real as they come. Those are the moments that I savor, that I never forget with people. He was special, he had a kind soul and I will always be grateful to have known him...
To those that we do not know so well in everyday life but we know to the core in our hearts just for a split second in time. Life grants us those gifts of those true glimpses of someone seeing you for who you truly are... We are just stars circling this great earth and every once in awhile we see other stars that we recognize because they have traveled similar pathways.
I know you saw me... I remember the time when we were out and some guy was giving me a hard time about not paying attention to him and you were my saving grace you pulled him aside and told him to leave me alone,  and I heard you say "She is nice sweet girl and a deep soul leave her alone quit harassing her." I always remembered that, you had my back. Thank you Jaya, I will always remember you as the person sitting next to me as the sky turned a light golden shade and I reached for the door handle and looked at you and said thank you. I meant it. Thank you for sharing your story. You will be missed Friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment